WSET wine courses are the backbone of Singapore’s F&B and wine industry and a must for anybody considering joining it. This is an internationally recognised wine certification which will help you to advance your career anywhere in the world.
If you are currently working in the wine industry or possess basic wine knowledge and are keen to enter into the F&B or wine trade, our WSET Level 2 wine course furthers your wine knowledge in a more in-depth programme.
Our experienced WSET certified educators will provide you with the practical skills and technical knowledge required in a career of the complex world of wine.
The WSET Level 2 course is also a perfect option for wine lovers looking to increase their wine knowledge in a structured way. Also its the stepping stone to the progress to the WSET Level 3.
Offered by Cherwell Wines & Spirits, an experienced provider of WSET certifications in Singapore, the WSET Level 2 Certificate program is a fun way to get up to speed on what wine is and how it differs by style.
What You Will Learn:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT).
- Understand the factors that influence a wine’s style, quality and price.
- 8 principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz.
- Interpret key labeling terms to understand the style, flavour and method of production of still, sparkling and fortified wines.
- Principles of food and wine pairing and the storage and service of wine.
Our certified WSET wine educators will guide you through WSET professional tasting techniques. Get insight into practices, issues in the wine industry and be able to discuss about wines from different regions.
What You’ll Achieve
- The ability to interpret labels of the major wines of the world.
- An understanding of the principles of wine tasting and evaluating.
- The knowledge to provide basic guidance on appropriate wine selection and service.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
You will receive a proprietary WSET Level 2 wine workbook.
Over 18 hours of class time
30+ wines to taste and appreciate
14 December 2019 (Saturday)
15 December 2019 (Sunday)
9am – 6pm
18 January 2020 (Saturday)
A 60-minute exam with 50 multiple-choice questions.
$1380 $1080 NETT
SkillsFuture claimable (Terms & Conditions apply)
Sign up before 30 November and get your first wine start up kit.
1 bottle of Grand Cru Red Bordeaux + Grassl wine glass (Swiss made) + Leather Wine Carrier
Total Value: $200
For enquires , please call us at 63852438 or email us at email@example.com
ABOUT THE WSET CERTIFICATION & EXAM
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust, or WSET, was founded in London in 1969 and is regarded as one of the world’s leading providers of wine education. WSET Level 1 is a great way for anyone who works in wine, wants a career in the wine industry or has a serious interest in the subject to deepen their knowledge.
ABOUT CHERWELL WINES & SPIRITS
Jackie holds the WSET Diploma and is a WSET certified educator, as well as holding the French Wine Scholar qualification with highest honours. He was awarded the Wines from Spain scholarship from WSET in 2017 to pursue Master of Wine studies. Jackie believes that wine is about sharing experiences, learning about different cultures and is a real window to the world. He has been featured on the Economist and the Straits Times.